The Training Methodology is broadly divided in to Theoretical Foundations, Methods & tools and hands on work on exemplars/case-studies covering the following broad areas:
- Qualitative Research Methods,
- Quantitative Research Methods and
- Capstone Project / Field Immersions.
The workshop includes:
- Lectures from experienced Cornell Academicians on Qualitative and Quantitative methods of evaluation and research design.
- Plenary or parallel discussion sessions on specific topics and current issues.
- Group exercises reinforcing the material covered in the plenary and parallel tracks.
- Moderators work with each group to guide the conversation and provide technical support.
- Case studies to allow participants a chance to apply their knowledge to a case from the field.
- Special lectures from policy makers including bureaucrats, politicians and others.