Coaching for Performance and Potential (LD305)
Establish an engaging coaching relationship to improve performance and grow talent by encouraging your team to perform at its best. Gain an understanding of when coaching is needed and practice using a coaching model to facilitate an effective coaching conversation. Review various theories for changing behavior and applying different strategies. Examine important coaching elements such as setting clear and actionable goals, formulating a development plan, and dealing with conversational conflict.
- Clarify differences in the various roles a manager plays with staff members and define what coaching is and isn’t
- Identify different approaches (directive, coaching) that are needed when motivation and/or performance declines or increases
- Differentiate when to use coaching and when to move to performance improvement plans
- Apply the right coaching approach to individuals at various motivation and performance levels
- Identify a coaching model that provides a structure for either one or a series of coaching conversations
- Demonstrate setting clear, actionable SMART goals—stretch but achievable
- Assess and improve personal capability in foundational coaching skills
- Formulate a development plan to focus coaching conversations, reinforce commitment to change and follow up in the moment coaching opportunities
Approach and Features
This interactive two-day workshop serves as a space to identify, develop and practice coaching skills with a seasoned instructor as well as peers. Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Establishing an engaging coaching relationship to improve performance and grow teams
- Understanding when coaching is needed
- Using coaching models to facilitate an effective coaching conversation
- Reviewing various theories for changing behavior and applying different strategies
- Examining important coaching elements, such as setting clear and actionable goals, formulating a development plan and dealing with conversational conflict
See more workshops on Leadership Development.
See more workshops on Human Resources.
Details coming soon.