Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
Interest-based bargaining frames negotiations in terms of shared problem to solve-resolving each party's underlying issues, needs and concerns. This workshop provides a systematic process for putting interest-based negotiation principles into practice in collective bargaining, grievance handling, and day-to-day conflicts. You will assess how organizations' bargaining practices can be more effective in reaching lasting agreements that improve the working relationship.
- Learn techniques to generate creative options to solve tough problems
- Learn to use frameworks to incorporate problem-solving into bargaining
- Learn discussion processes that surface underlying needs and interests
Approach and Features
Role-play, group work and case studies will develop skills for assessing bargaining interests and joint problem solving. Video simulations will demonstrate how to frame interests as opposed to positions during bargaining.
- Effective issue discussion processess
- Information gathering and benchmarking strategies
- Using the negotiation process to create innovative contract language
- Buidling a productive, ongoing labor-management relationship