Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
Negotiation is a general practice for resolving conflict. In this workshop, you’ll practice fundamental workplace negotiation skills through a series of role plays and experiential learning situations. The workshop covers:
- Negotiation fundamentals
- One-on-one approaches to negotiation
- Small-group negotiation situations
- Collective negotiations in a workplace setting
- Become familiar with the basic building blocks of negotiation
- Learn how to plan a negotiation approach and strategy
- Practice the communication skills to surface underlying needs and interests
- Positional and interest-based negotiation approaches
Approach and Features
During this two-day workshop, you’ll gain insight into your own negotiation biases, weaknesses, and strengths, and build confidence and competency through a series of role-plays and simulations. Workshop features include a conflict style diagnostic tool addressing the five common styles of dealing with conflict.
- Conflict reactions and styles
- Structuring the negotiation discussion process
- Collaborative and competitive negotiation approaches
- Building trust through negotiation
Who Will Benefit
Labor relations, human resource, operations, and finance professionals who represent or support management in workplace negotiations.