Choose your Class
Diagnose and resolve conflicts within unionized environments, ultimately fostering robust and productive labor relations. In this highly interactive class, learn to navigate pre-discipline procedures and apply just cause principles, all while enhancing your problem-solving techniques for successful labor-management interactions.
Key Course Takeaways
- Learn practical approaches to diagnose and address conflicts, nurturing strong and constructive relationships.
- Delve into the roles of union representatives, supervisors, and the rules and norms governing unionized environments.
- Navigate pre-discipline protocols, ensuring fair actions, and justified applications of just cause principles.
- Develop problem-solving techniques tailored for labor-management meetings, ensuring effective collaboration and dispute resolution.
- Learn the art of conducting disciplinary interviews and preparing effective disciplinary memoranda.
Who Should Enroll
- Union leaders
- HR and labor relations professionals
- Managers and executives working in a union environment
Supervisor Justification Letter
Download and complete this justification letter to make a case for funding your professional development with Cornell.