Schedule & Details
Strategic grievance handling approaches the grievance and arbitration process as an opportunity to advance organizational strategy, goals, and objectives, while at the same time improving relationships within the organization.
This course teaches you the different purposes and scopes of competitive and collaborative dispute resolution systems and how they can be applied to the grievance process. It approaches grievance handling as involving three sometimes contradictory skills and activities: investigating, advocating, and resolving. Key emphasis is placed on developing participants' communication skills within the grievance process through role-play and feedback.
Key Course Takeaways
- Make strategic choices within the grievance process
- Analyze grievances to explore strategic options
- Investigate workplace practices and behavior
- Promote effective conflict management at all levels of the organization
- Improve labor-management relations
- Strategically prepare and present a grievance case
Who Should Enroll
- Union leaders
- HR and labor relations professionals
- Managers and executives working in a union environment