Schedule & Details
Disciplinary decisions are subject to rigorous scrutiny. If you're involved in formulating, implementing, or challenging disciplinary decisions, you must have command of the principles of progressive discipline as well as a solid understanding of the best practices for administering discipline.
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to interact with experienced arbitrators and labor relations professionals who will provide you with practical knowledge and insight about the employee discipline process. In between sessions, you will engage in exercises and thought-provoking discussions.
Key Course Takeaways
- Analyze discipline problems
- Examine the connection between conflict and discipline
- Be mindful of unconscious bias in the disciplinary process
- Conduct disciplinary interviews
- Prepare a disciplinary memorandum
- Respond effectively to disciplinary problems, applying basic conflict resolution skills as appropriate
- Define and determine just cause
Who Should Enroll
- Union leaders
- HR and labor relations professionals
- Managers and executives working in a union environment