Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
Your disciplinary decisions are subject to rigorous scrutiny. If you’re involved in formulating or implementing disciplinary decisions, you must have command of the principles of progressive discipline, and a solid understanding of the best practices for administering discipline. This workshop teaches you how to:
- Analyze discipline problems
- Conduct disciplinary interviews
- Prepare a disciplinary memorandum
- Respond effectively and appropriately to disciplinary problems
- Define and determine just cause
- Defining progressive discipline
- An employee’s right to union representation
- Identifying and establishing a “past practice”
- How past practices affect the disciplinary process
- Criteria used by arbitrators in deciding discipline cases
- Guidance for handling excessive absenteeism and alcohol and drug abuse cases
- Discipline for off-duty or off-premises misconduct
During this two-day workshop, experienced arbitrators and labor relations professionals will provide you with practical knowledge and insight about the employee discipline process.
Who Will Benefit
Labor relations, human resource, operations supervisors, and managers involved in the administration of employee discipline.