Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
This tools-building workshop emphasizes the rights and responsibilities of stewards/committee persons in resolving workplace disputes. One of the primary duties of a union steward is dealing with alleged violations of the collective bargaining agreement.
Come to this workshop to learn:
- The difference between a complaint and a grievance
- How to investigate a grievance
- Effective ways to interact with grievants, witnesses, and management
- The importance of clear language
- Your legal rights and responsibilities