Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
Organizations across America are implementing programs and strategies designed to help them manage and leverage D&I more effectively. Launching and sustaining a Diversity and Inclusion Initiative requires strategic planning that is based on sound methodology and a systemic approach that should be designed to address current realities of the business landscape.
This workshop offers:
- A framework that examines ten pillars of a systemic approach to D&I that is designed to sustain a focus on diversity and inclusion
- A process to launch, enhance or revitalize initiatives with thoughtful planning and sound methodology
- Developmental models and best practices to drive effectiveness and to sustain a D&I initiative
Examine and discuss:
- The need to articulate a clear link between diversity and organizational performance
- How to use key change drivers to guide the launch and sustainability of a D&I initiative
- D&I as an organizational development intervention
Approach and Features
In this two-day workshop, participants engage in highly interactive exercises and case studies to apply concepts. Networking opportunities with participants from different industries and sectors allow for the exchange of best practices from practitioners and D&I organizational leaders.
- The historical evolution of diversity and inclusion and the implications for designing and implementing D&I initiatives
- Understanding organizational readiness when launching an initiative
- Level-setting organizational understanding of diversity and inclusion
- Developing a strategic plan that is aligned with mission, vision and values
- The importance of a clear business rationale
- Communication and education as key pillars of the initiative
- Engaging employees across the organization
- Key internal and external stakeholders
- Accountability and measurement
- Rewards and recognition
Who Will Benefit
D&I leaders and practitioners, HR leaders and practitioners who want to understand current business trends and the implications for launching or re-energizing and sustaining existing D&I Initiatives.