Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
Required: Internal Investigations: Part I
This workshop provides you with the advanced skills needed to handle complex employee internal complaints and investigations. Through an intensive series of issues presented by a challenging case study from which you will further develop:
- Investigatory interview techniques
- Thorough investigation methods
- Strategies for avoiding common errors
- The necessary steps for creating and implementing solutions
- Advanced techniques for handling complaints
- Interview note-taking methods
- Checklists for all stages of the process
- Anticipating potential legal issues
- Developing a sound investigative strategy
- Knowing when an investigation is complete
- Implications of creating documentation
- Ensuring successful resolution
- Defining your role in the resolution process
- Creating individual or group multiple solutions
- Guidelines for developing interest-based resolutions
- Presenting resolutions persuasively
- Options when resolution is not achieved
- Weighing the information and determining credibility
- Preparing a formal complaint and organizational report
- Enhancing your communication skills
- Effectively phrasing what you say
- Addressing difficult situations
Mock complaint-handling practice sessions, including professional critiquing and skill pointers
Who Will Benefit
HR and EEO/AA managers and professionals who want additional strategies and methods for handling complaints
See more workshops on Employee Relations, Internal Investigations and Employment Law Workshops.
See more workshops on Employment Law.
Susan Brecher, Esq., Director of Employee Relations and Investigations at Cornell ILR’s Human Capital Develop and Executive Education programs, offers insight into how best to communicate the scope of confidentiality and the impact you can make on the employee.