Required Courses5 Focused WorkshopsRegister for individual workshops to fit your schedule
Time to Complete3 monthsTime participants have to complete the entire certificate program
Effective collective bargaining is increasingly critical for labor relations in today’s organizations and unions alike.
If you’re preparing to lead labor negotiations, Cornell ILR School’s Collective Bargaining certificate program will provide you with the confidence and specialized skills you need to be ready to bargain.
Relevant to both union leaders and management professionals engaged in bargaining, the courses in the program provide a comprehensive overview of the collective bargaining process, with a focus on the legal requirements of unionization and bargaining, interpreting collective bargaining agreements, preparing for bargaining, and at the table strategy and skills in a full-day collective bargaining simulation.
In these live virtual courses, you will have ample opportunity to practice your skills using case-based scenarios in a small group setting. Class sizes are limited to ensure full participation and mentoring in small group activities and simulations. Courses in this program consist of multiple synchronous sessions per week with assignments in between sessions.
This program assumes you have had previous exposure to basic concepts in Labor Relations. For the best experience, it is recommended that you complete these courses in the order they appear. Click here to register for the entire certificate, which is offered in partnership with eCornell.
Key Certificate Takeaways
- The components of a comprehensive collective bargaining strategy
- A systematic process to prepare for bargaining
- Methods to obtain a bargaining mandate from management
- Deepened understanding of labor relations law and contract interpretation
- Negotiation skills to bargain effectively as the chief negotiator
- Competencies to be a labor relations advisor to management
Who Should Enroll
- HR and labor relations professionals
- Managers and executives working in a union environment
- Attorneys involved in collective bargaining
- Union officials involved in collective bargaining