5 Required Workshops
Register for individual workshops to fit your schedule
Time to Complete
Time participants have to complete the entire certificate program
Conducting effective and fair internal employee investigations is critical to reducing organizational risk as well as maintaining high employee morale and performance.
In this live virtual certificate program, you will explore a comprehensive process for planning, conducting, and concluding an internal investigation. After getting an up-to-date review of employment laws and their impact on policies and best practices, you will begin to work on the step-by-step process of conducting an internal investigation. While navigating the process, you will have the opportunity to practice using a case study and receive immediate feedback from experts. As you conclude the courses in this series, you will work on developing techniques for notetaking by working on a report template that will uphold findings and withstand heightened scrutiny. Time will be dedicated to practicing and applying the methods and skills for effectively handling investigations and conflicts.
This program will be offered in-person. The sessions will include small and whole group case-study role plays and activities with feedback, discussions, Q&A, and sharing practices with peers. Networking opportunities will be provided.
Key Certificate Takeaways
- Examine the scope of employment laws that impact organizations, including strategies and preventive actions related to legal issues and policies
- Review a structure and apply techniques for conducting interviews and gathering information through essential probing skills
- Practice conducting thorough, complex investigations, including handling difficult and emotional interviewees
- Engage with techniques for avoiding advocacy language and addressing credibility when reaching conclusions
- Develop outcomes, recommendations, and implementation practices for an internal investigation
- Understand and apply methods and tools for problem solving and resolving one-on-one conflicts
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Global HR managers
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
- EEO, compliance and security professionals conducting internal employee-related investigations
Electives can not be applied to multiple certificates.