Required Courses8 Focused WorkshopsRegister for individual workshops to fit your schedule
Time to Complete4 monthsTime participants have to complete the entire certificate program
Gain a Full Range of Employee Relations Skills
Proactively developing and managing employee relations and internal investigations has never been more critical for organizations in every industry.
In this comprehensive live certificate program, you will begin by gaining current knowledge of ever-changing employment law issues and employee-related policies. You will develop techniques for addressing and preventing inappropriate workplace behaviors, facilitating conflict resolution, and fostering communication skills, including emotional intelligence. You will discover a framework for conducting effective ER conversations with employees and managers. You will acquire the skills to help team leaders in your organization strategically manage the cycle of employee performance. You’ll also have the opportunity to practice coaching, counseling, navigating different work styles, and problem-solving techniques. Focusing on constructive ways to phrase language, you’ll develop competencies associated with emotional intelligence to successfully address issues and achieve higher performance as a leader. You will study a comprehensive process for planning, conducting, and concluding internal investigations involving employees. During the live sessions, time will be dedicated to practicing and applying the methods and skills for effectively handling investigations and conflicts.
This virtual program will be offered in live sessions along with assignments and interactive independent activities. The live sessions will include small and whole group case-study role plays and activities with feedback, discussions, Q&A, and sharing practices with peers. Please plan sufficient time outside of the live sessions to complete additional assignments. Networking opportunities will be provided.
Click here to register for the entire certificate, which is offered in partnership with eCornell.
Key Certificate Takeaways
- Examine the scope of employment laws that impact organizations, including strategies and preventive actions
- Practice applying a framework for conducting employee relations conversations with managers and employees
- Review strategies for preventing and responding to policy violations of harassment and retaliation
- Understand and apply a step-by-step method of solving problems and resolving conflicts
- Work strategically with managers to address employee relations issues
- Use emotional intelligence to boost staff morale and facilitate motivation, performance, feedback, and talent retention
- Review a structure and apply techniques for conducting interviews and gathering information through essential probing skills
- Practice conducting thorough, complex investigations, including handling difficult and emotional interviewees
- Engage with techniques for avoiding advocacy language and addressing credibility when reaching conclusions
- Develop outcomes, recommendations, and implementation practices for an internal investigation
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Global HR managers
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
- HR, ER, EEO, compliance and security professionals
- It is recommended to take CO111 HR and the Law first
- It is recommended to take CO251 Effective Employee Relations before taking any Investigations workshops (participants with sufficient experience may be waived out of taking Effective Employee Relations)
- CO335 Advanced Internal Investigations Process is required before taking CO350 Advanced Internal Investigations Practice
- CO335 Advanced Internal Investigations Process and CO350 Advanced Internal Investigations Practice are required before taking CO240 Internal Investigations Notetaking and Reports