Leadership Skills for Success: Engaging Employees and Building Teams (LD250)
Gaining the commitment of others, identifying those who add value to your organization, and giving them the tools to succeed is the bedrock of leading others toward success. Master critical communication and management skills to effectively manage employees, establish priorities, and delegate responsibilities. Learn to identify the leadership values important to you and expertly communicate these to your team. Be steadfast in your knowledge about the results you want to achieve, the environment you want to create, and how to develop talent. Become an effective leader with the ability to build relationships and manage workplace communications in order to be heard and understood by others.
- Align the work of your team with the goals of the organization to achieve desirable results.
- Focus how you will address work and the efforts of others by successfully managing time, prioritizing tasks, and effectively delegating responsibilities.
- Build and maintain productive relationships through impactful communication approaches from listening effectiveness to assessing and appropriately reacting to what you heard.
- Assess the effects of your communication behaviors and the influence on others.
- Demonstrate assertive communication skills and how to maintain positive rapport during difficult conversations.
- Explore different communication styles and how to communicate with those viewed as difficult in the workplace as well as how emotions play a role in whether or not we can achieve a successful outcome.
- Create and develop an action plan for accelerating trust.
Approach and Features
This two-day workshop embeds the skills necessary for building trust, setting goals, managing expectations, and effectively delegating for optimal results. Additional topics covered include:
- The key elements in a trusting relationship
- The ABCD Trust Model
- A personalized leadership development plan, which identifies your strengths and unique contributions, the impact of your self-improvement goals, and your intentions as a leader
"I thought the instructors were very knowledgeable and led the class with humor and grace. They were adept at facilitating meaningful conversations and bringing in everyone's experiences and perspectives." -Spring 2016 participant
"This training was very relevant to everyday issues that arise in the workforce and demonstrates how to deal with them." -Spring 2016 participant
See more workshops on Leadership Development.
Lisa Csencsits, Associate Director for Executive Education at Cornell University, ILR, is responsible for the design, development and delivery of customized learning and capability development programs. Ms. Csencsits, as an Organizational Development Practitioner, leverages her experience working with large privately and publicly held companies, as well as her research and educational expertise to provide programs grounded in theory with practical solutions to enhance participant learning and professional development. Ms. Csencsits's expertise includes implementing effective, innovative and sustainable interventions to enhance organizational performance, individual and team development. Lisa's work has included establishing talent management processes for greater efficiency and results, delivering learning programs aimed at building strategic leadership, working alongside management and leaders to identify and define the necessary capabilities needed to perform effectively in their functions and creating unique career development opportunities to support both organizational needs and employee growth. Over the years, Lisa has also been actively involved in partnering to present and publish research in the field of Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Lisa holds a B.A. In Psychology from Adelphi University and a M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Hofstra University.