Labor Leadership Skills - Online
- Increase your ability to successfully respond to new conditions in organized labor.
- Learn valuable skills that are applicable in day-to-day functions.
- Increase your understanding of labor unions and the legal context in which they function
Ready to make a difference in your union, organization, or company? Want to discover how you can become more involved and understand your role at a deeper level? Earn your certificate and build essential leadership, negotiation and communication skills from your home or office with convenient online courses with a flexible schedule.
What to Expect
- 4 exhilarating on-line workshops including steward training, basic negotiations, costing out a contract, and effective communication.
- Receive instruction from a practitioner instructor who utilizes a learn-by-doing approach that will challenge, energize, and inspire you.
- Take advantage of making connections and networking with other union leaders.
- Obtain your Basic Labor Leadership Skills Certificate when you complete the series.
Benefits to You and Your Organization
The Labor Leadership Skills certificate program is an affordable and rapid-results educational experience that provides the specific skills essential to success in your organization.
This certificate program has no prerequisites.
This tools-building workshop emphasizes the rights of stewards/committee persons in resolving disputes in the workplace. The right to information, the duty of fair representation, and member’s right to representation of their Weingarten rights will be covered. This one day workshop is part of the four-day Labor Leadership Skills Bootcamp in Buffalo.Learn More
This introductory-level workshop is designed to develop the skills of union negotiators who do not have extensive experience in advancing a collective bargaining strategy and in conducting face-to-face negotiations at the bargaining table. This one day workshop is part of the four-day Labor Leadership Skills Bootcamp in Buffalo.Learn More
This is a practical, how-to-workshop to give union negotiators and bargaining committee members the skills they need to prepare for contract negotiations, including illustrating how to calculate the projected costs of an agreement. This one day workshop is part of the four-day Labor Leadership Skills Bootcamp in Buffalo.Learn More
For anyone who wants to improve oral presentation skills through instruction and practice in a supportive environment. Overcome reluctance to speak in public, gain tools to organize your thoughts for a more effective/powerful presentation. This one day workshop is part of the four-day Labor Leadership Skills Bootcamp in Buffalo.Learn More
You may register for individual workshops at a cost of $199 per workshop or you can register for all four workshops for $597 – a 25% discount!