Strategic Grievance Handling (LR107)
Strategic Grievance Handling approaches the grievance and arbitration process as an opportunity to advance organizational strategy, goals and objectives while at the same time improving relationships within the organization. The course teaches the different purposes and scopes of competitive and collaborative dispute resolution systems and how that can be applied to the grievance process. It approaches grievance handling as involving three sometimes contradictory skills and activities – investigating, advocating and mediating. Key emphasis is placed on developing participants' mediation skills within the grievance process through role-play and feedback.
- Make strategic choices within the grievance process
- Investigate workplace practices and behavior
- Mediate disputes between and among managers, supervisors, employees and union representatives
- Promote effective conflict management at all levels of the organization
- Improve Labor-Management relations
- Prepare for arbitration
Details coming soon.