Effective Interviewing (HR241)
Interviewing is an art, as well as a science. Planning for the interview, accurately observing behaviors, using judgment appropriately and making informed thoughtful decisions are key aspects to selecting the best-qualified candidate for the right job.
Participants will learn how to apply skills such as creating job-related selection criteria open-ended questioning and probing questioning that align with legal considerations, and effective candidate assessment to create optimal outcomes for the business and a respectful and fair interview experience for the candidates. This one-day skill-building workshop will provide you with opportunities to practice and perfect your interviewing techniques and give you confidence to:
- Identify job requirements with the hiring manager
- Plan for an effective interview that is both thorough and objective
- Use effective questioning, including follow-up probing techniques
- Understand applicable laws
- Interviewing process, from planning through to selection
- Eliminating bias
- Building a positive interview climate
- Complying with legal requirements
- Behavioral-based interviewing techniques
- Promoting the position and organization
- Candidate assessment, analysis and selection decision-making
Who Will Benefit
HR and staffing professionals and hiring managers who interview job candidates and who need an organized approach to conducting interviews while improving interviewing skills.
See more workshops on Human Resources.
See more workshops on Leadership Development.
Details coming soon.