People at ILR
Kathleen LeeExtension Associate
Kathleen Lee is a Business Outreach Consultant with twenty-five years of experience in providing training and consultation for the business and employment services community on issues related to diverse talent pipelines, building disability and veteran provider service capacity, and sharing employer best practices. Kathleen has extensive technical assistance experience in the areas of accommodation, accessibility, adaptive technology, disability and veteran inclusion, recruitment, and retention. Kathleen holds an Advanced Certificate of Strategic HR Management from Cornell University and a Master of Science degree in Rehabilitation Administration from the Rehabilitation Institute at Southern Illinois University.
Kathleen provides online instruction for the Yang-Tan Institute's Benefits and Work Incentives Planning Courses. She shares her practical experience as a Certified Practitioner in navigating Social Security and related benefit programs to educate employment service professionals on helping beneficiaries make informed decisions on return to work.
Kathleen is actively involved in the Diversity Partners project conducting research on best employment practices and providing technical assistance and training to disability employment professionals, the workforce development system and staffing agencies to build capacity for employer engagement to improve employment outcomes for job seekers with disabilities. She is also conducting research to assist veterans with disabilities transition from the military to the civilian workforce while assisting companies to attract and retain veteran talent.
Through the Just in Time Training program, Kathleen provides technical assistance to the business community on disability and veteran inclusion and why culture matters.
Kathleen Lee is an Extension Associate at Cornell University's K. Lisa Yang and Hock E. Tan Employment and Disability Institute in the School of Industrial and Labor Relations. Kathleen has a passion for building partnerships and improving the talent pipeline through apprenticeship opportunities and training in high-demand industries. Her primary interests center on organizational culture and diversified workplaces that are inclusive of individuals and veterans with disabilities.
- Kathleen Lee, Sarah von Schrader, . 2017. Be a Part of Understanding What Works in Implementing Section 503, . Volume 7(Issue 9).
- Kathleen Lee, Judith Young. 2017. Why Disability Perspective Matters for a Productive and Inclusive Workplace, . Volume 7(Issue 6).
- Kathleen A. Lee, Judith Young, . 2016. Disability Inclusiveness in the Workplace, . Volume 6(Issue 9).
- Kathleen A Lee, judith young. 2014. Celebrating National Disability Employment Awareness Month , OFCCP Digest . 4:10.
- Kathleen A Lee, Judith Young. 2014. Considerations for Promoting Disclosure , OFCCP Digest . 4(6).
- Kathleen A Lee, judith young. 2014. Federal Contractors: Creating a Culture of Inclusion, Ability Magazine .
- Judith Young, Kathleen A. Lee. 2012. Understanding Accommodations: Easier Than You Might Think, Professional Employer Organization Insider .
- Benefits Summaries and Work Incentive Plans. Presented to NCRE. Alexandria, VA. 2014.
- WRP: Utilizing the New Job Portal for Recruiting Summer Interns and Employees with Disabilities. Presented to Direct Employers Association. Arlington, VA. 2014.
- Turning compliance into business advantage. Presented to same as above. Las Vegas, NV. 2013.
- Creating connections for a diverse and talented workforce. Presented to The ADA Network. Albuquerque, NM. 2013.
- Disability A to Z: Recruiting, hiring and accommodating, and advancing employees with disabilities. Presented to City of Augusta, GA. Augusta, GA. 2013.
- The magis Formula: Establishing mentoring opportunities for students and graduates with disabilities. Presented to Same as above. Manhattan Beach, CA. 2013.
- How to Access Interns and College Graduates with Disabilities. Presented to US Business Leadership Network. Loisville, KY. 2012.
- Maximizing Divesity and Talent Acquisition. Presented to National Association of Colleges and Employers NACE. Las Vegas, NV. 2012.