David BrewerSenior Extension Associate
David Brewer is a Senior Extension Associate with Cornell University's Yang-Tan Institute on Employment and Disability in the School of Industrial and Labor Relations. He is the Program Lead for the Educational Achievement and Transition Unit, and Co-Principal Investigator for the New York State Transition Services Professional Development Support Center. He has developed policy recommendations, web-based resource materials and curricula for the New York State Education Department on the subject of self-determination and transition from high school to adult life for students with disabilities. He has over thirty years of experience working the area of special education and transition from school to adult life, and holds a Permanent New York State Teaching Certificate in Special Education.
- Arun Karpur, David R Brewer, Thomas P Golden. . Critical program elements in transition to adulthood: Comparative analysis of New York State and the NLTS2, . xx(x):1-12. (doi:10.1177/2165143413476880)
- David R Brewer, Arun Karpur, Sukyeong Pi, William Erickson, Unger Darlene, Valerie Malzer. . Evaluation of a Multi-site Transition to Adulthood Program for Youth with Disabilities in New York State, .
- Arun Karpur, Zafar Nazarov, David R Brewer, Susanne Marie Bruyere. 2014. Impact of Parental Welfare Participation: Transition to Postsecondary Education for Youth With and Without Disabilities, . 37(1):1-11. (doi:10.1177/2165143414522093)
- David R Brewer, Arun Karpur, Sukyeong Pi, Kathryn Ferguson, William Erickson, Valerie Malzer, Susan Smith. 2009. EVALUATING YOUTH CAREER DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES IN NEW YORK. in 7th International Knowledge, Economy & Management Congress. Yalova: International Knowledge, Economy & Management Congress, 2009.
- The Anti-Model Model: The Individual and Collective Contributions of Transition Practices. . Williamsburg, VA. 2013.
- Work Incentive for SSA Recipients with Disabilities. Presented to NJ SILC. Princeton, NJ. 2013.
- Work Works?. Presented to Employment and Disability Institute. Ithaca, NY. 2013.
- Best practices in transition: Empirical modeling of statewide and national comparative datasets. . Washington, DC. 2012.
- A New Online Community of Practice. Presented to US General Services Administration. Washington, DC. 2012.
- Collaboration and Impact on Transition Services for Youth with Disabilities. Presented to Council for Exceptional Children Division on Career Development and Transition. Kansas City, Missouri. 2011.
- Evaluation of a Multi-site Transition to Adulthood Program for Youth with Disabilities in New York State. Presented to Nordic Network on Disability Research. Reykjavik, Iceland. 2011.
- Regional Transition Leadership. Presented to NYS VESID. Web-based Training. 2010.
- Multi-site Evaluation Strategies. Presented to Yalova University. Yalova, Turkey. 2009.