- Successfully coached West Side Bazaar vendors through local pitch competition securing thousands of dollars in prizes.
- Created a comprehensive database tracking Bazaar graduates to spread awareness of WEDI’s impact, improve WEDI practices, and continue to support businesses.
- Advanced expansion plans for the West Side Bazaar by utilizing ArcGis to acquire information on prospective new locations.
- Managed day to day operations of the Bazaar.
“Getting to know these business owners in the Bazaar and getting to see their businesses is the highlight of my summer on the High Road. Many of them have extraordinary stories of overcoming challenges to make it to where they are today. They’ve come here from all over the world, and, each in their own way, have built new lives for themselves while contributing uniquely to the revitalization of the West Side. . . . Last week, I toured a former industrial plant that might become the new Bazaar. A vacant building filled with old machinery, once symbolic of Rust Belt decay, is now an opportunity for cultural and economic expansion. This is what urban revitalization looks like. This is the Buffalo I’m getting to know.”
– From Brian's Reflection Journal
“Brian has gone above and beyond his original work plan. In just a few short weeks he’s been able to build relationships with our business owners and provide a visible and lasting impact to our organization. He even helped one of our business owners practice her pitch to secure a $25,000 grant in the Ignite Buffalo competition! It’s been a pleasure supervising him this summer!”
- Bob Doyle, WEDI