- To further the company’s social mission, developed documentation and systems to measure impact in areas such as supplier responsibility, sustainability, workers’ rights to align with Benefit Corporation (B Corp) standards
- Reviewed the list of credentials that the company needs to meet to receive B Corp certification and conducted the recommended assessment from the governing with policy recommendations for a successful application
- Met with company leadership about implementing the policy recommendations and the process to secure B Corp certification
- Developed a Supplier Code of Conduct for the company including fair labor practices, environmental policies, and good business ethics
- Created and distributed three surveys about employee satisfaction around volunteering, public transportation and child care
"I learned that for all its progress Buffalo has a lot more work to do. On the surface the city is starting to look better, but not everyone reaps those benefits. For my career path I still want to go to law school so I will take away a lot from this experience. I learned that community engagement can be done by for profit enterprises and that they make an enormous impact especially with regards to sustainability. Economic development and community development can be done concurrently."
"We are so grateful for David’s input and hard work. He was a great team member who was eager to contribute in any way he could. His work will be highly valuable in securing Bak USA’s certification as a Benefit Corporation."
Carly Battin, Bak USA