Histories of UNITE-HERE and Predecessor Unions
Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers of America (ACTWA)
A Selective Scholarly Bibliography
- Beck, Burt. A Joining of Hands: The Story of ACTWU. Unpublished manuscript. 1989.
- Douglas, Sara U. Labor's New Voice: Unions and the Mass Media. Norwood, N.J.: Ablex, 1986.
- Hodges, James A. "J. P. Stevens and the Union: Struggle for the South." Race, Class, and Southern Labor History. Eds. Gary Fink and Merl Reed. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 1994.
- Johns, Rebecca A. "Bridging the Gap Between Class and Space: U.S. Worker Solidarity with Guatemala." Economic Geography 74.3 (1998): 252-71.
- Lieberman, Eric. "A Jacquard Weave: Culture, Class and the Union Movement at J. P. Stevens Textile Mills in Roanoke Rapids, NC." B.A. Thesis. Harvard University. 1986.
- Lindsay, Debra. The Clothes Off Our Back: A History of ACTWU 459. Winnipeg: ACTWU 459, 1995.
- McConville, Edward. "The Southern Textile War." The Big Business Reader. Eds. Mark Green and Robert Massie. New York: The Pilgrim Press, 1980.
- Minchin, Timothy J. "The Milledgeville Spy Case and the Struggle to Organize J. P. Stevens." Georgia Historical Quarterly 90.1 (2006): 96-122.
- Russo, Monica. "This World Called Miami." Labor Research Review 12.1 (Spring-Summer 1993): 37-49.
- Sloan, Clifford. "The J. P. Stevens Dispute: An Episode in Southern Labor History." B.A. Thesis. Harvard University. 1979.
- Somplatsky-Jarman, Bill. "Union Organizing and the Religion Factor: A Retrospect on the J.P. Stevens Boycott." Radical Religion 5.3 (1981): 91-4.
- Sullivan, Patrick J. Blue Collar - Roman Collar - White Collar vs. Catholic Involvement in Labor-Management Controversies. Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1988.