Managing Effectively in a Unionized Environment
This workshop is available as a customized program for your organization.
Managers in a unionized workplace are challenged to manage effectively within legal and contractual parameters. This workshop is a solid understanding of labor relations issues managers confront on a daily basis, including disciplinary situations and investigations.
Case studies and interactive real-world training exercises provide the opportunity to put your newly acquired skills to work, assuring the transition from the classroom to the workplace.
- Practices, laws and policies in labor relations management
- The relationship between the law and the collective bargaining agreement
- Understanding and managing within the collective bargaining agreement
- The scope and breadth of management rights
- The meaning and application of "past practices"
- The components of "just cause" including due process and the right for union representation
- Do's and don'ts of counseling employees
- Fact-finding and investigation
- Progressive discipline
- Grievance handling and resolution
Contact Cornell ILR Today