Selection of Published Books – In progress
- Brynjolfsson, Erik and McAfee, Andrew (2014). The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies. New York: W. W. Norton and Company.
- Ferguson, Matt, Hitt, Lorin, and Tambe, Prasanna (2013, October 23). The Talent Equation: Big Data Lessons for Navigating the Skills Gap and Building a Competitive Workforce. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Baumol, William J., Landes, David S., and Mokyr, Joel (Eds.). (2012). The Invention of Enterprise: Entrepreneurship from Ancient Mesopotamia to Modern Times. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Cappelli, Peter (2012). Why Good People Can't Get Jobs: The Skills Gap and What Companies Can Do About It. Philadelphia: Wharton Digital Press.
- Osterman, Paul (2012). Job Quality in the US: The Myths That Block Action. Are Bad Jobs Inevitable? London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik and McAfee, Andrew (2011). Race Against the Machine: How the Digital Revolution is Accelerating Innovation, Driving Productivity, and Irreversibly Transforming Employment and the Economy. Lexington, MA: Digital Frontier Press.
- Fletcher, Seth (2011). Bottled Lightning: Superbatteries, Electric Cars, and the New Lithium Economy. New York: Hill and Wang.
- Koller, Frank (2010, February). Spark: How Old-Fashioned Values Drive a Twenty-First Century Corporation: Lessons from Lincoln Electric's Unique Guaranteed Employment Program. New York: PublicAffairs.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik and Saunders, Adam (2009). Wired for Innovation: How Information Technology is Reshaping the Economy. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Davis, Gerald F. (2009). Managed by the Markets: How Finance Re-Shaped America. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Fadel, Charles, and Trilling, Bernie (2009, October). 21st Century Skills – Learning for Life in Our Times. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Jossey-Bass.
- Berger, Roland, Dutta, Soumitra, Raffel, Tobias, and Samuels, Geoffrey (2008). Innovating at the Top: How Global CEOs Drive Innovation for Growth and Profit. Basingstoke, England: Palgrave MacMillan.
- Cappelli, Peter (2008). Talent on Demand: Managing Talent in an Age of Uncertainty. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Business Press.
- Fraser, Matthew and Dutta, Soumitra (2008). Throwing Sheep in the Boardroom: How Online Social Networking Will Transform Your Life, Work, and World. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Pinch, Trevor, and Swedberg, Richard (2008). Living in a Material World: Economic Sociology Meets Science and Technology Studies. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Bradbury, Katherine, Foote, Christopher L., and Triest, Robert K. (Eds.) (2007). Labor Supply in the New Century. Boston: Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Christopherson, Susan (2007). A pilot study of advanced manufacturing in the Southern Tier: Part of the NYSAC workforce intelligence project to develop workforce strategies to grow business in New York's regions. Ithaca, NY: New York State Association of Counties: Cornell University.
- Christopherson, Susan and Clark, Jennifer (2007). Remaking Regional Economies: Power, Labor, and Firm Strategies in the Knowledge Economy. London: Routledge.
- Gillespie, Tarleton (2007). Wired Shut: Copyright and the Shape of Digital Culture. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Holzer, Harry J. and Nightingale, Demetra Smith (2007). Reshaping the American Workforce in a Changing Economy. Washington, D.C.: Urban Institute Press.
- Blasi, Joseph R., Freeman, Richard B., and Kruse, Douglas L. (Eds.). (2006). Shared Capitalism at Work: Employee Ownership, Profit and Gain Sharing, and Broad-based Stock Options. Cambridge, MA: University of Chicago Press.
- Baumol, William J., Blinder, Alan, and Wolff, Edward N. (2005). Downsizing in America: Reality, Causes, and Consequences. New York: Russell Sage Foundation.
- Levy, Frank and Murnane, Richard (2004, April 12). The New Division of Labor: How Computers Are Creating the Next Job Market. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Mokyr, Joel (2004). The Gifts of Athena: Historical Origins of the Knowledge Economy. Princeton: Princeton University Press
- Gallman, Richard A., Nalbantian, Haig, Kieffer, Dave, and Doherty, Jay (2003, September). Play to Your Strengths: Managing Your Internal Labor Markets for Lasting Competitive Advantage. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- De Meyer, Arnoud, Dutta, Soumitra, and Srivastava, Sandeep (2002). The Bright Stuff: How Innovative People and Technology Can Make the Old Economy New. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
- Osterman, Paul, Kochan, T. A., Locke, R. M., and Piore, M. J. (2002). Working in America: A Blueprint for the New Labor Market. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Appelbaum, Eileen, Berg, P., Bailey, T., and Kalleberg, Arne L. (2001). Shared Work, Valued Care—New Norms for Organizing Market Work and Unpaid Care Work. Washington, D.C.: Economic Policy Institute.
- Blank, Rebecca M., Blasi, Joseph, Kruse, Douglas, Lynn-Dyson, Karen, Niskane, William A., and Ellwood, David T. (2000). A Working Nation: Workers, Work, and Government in the New Economy. New York: Russell Sage.
- Mokyr, Joel (1999). The British Industrial Revolution: An Economic Perspective (2nd ed.). Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Appelbaum, Eileen, Cassirer, Naomi, Kalleberg, Arne L., Rasell, Edith, Reskin, Barbara F. and Webster, David (1997). Nonstandard Work, Substandard Jobs: Flexible work arrangement in the U.S. Washington, D.C.: Economic Policy Institute.
- Bassi, L., Cappelli, P., Katz, H. C., Knoke, D., Osterman, P., and Useem, M. (1997). Change at Work. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Katz, Harry C. (1997). Telecommunications: Restructuring Work and Employment Relations Worldwide. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
- Levy, Frank and Murnane, Richard (1996, September 4). Teaching the New Basic Skills: Principles for Educating Children to Thrive in a Changing Economy. New York: Free Press.
- Kochan, Thomas A., and Osterman, Paul (1994). Mutual Gains Enterprise (The): Forging a Winning Partnership Among Labor, Management and Government. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- Appelbaum, Eileen, and Batt, Rosemary (1993). The New American Workplace. Ithaca, New York: Cornell University Press.
- Katz, Harry C., Kochan, Thomas A., and McKersie, Robert B. (1993). The Transformation of American Industrial Relations (2nd ed.). Ithaca, New York: Cornell University ILR Press.
- Mokyr, Joel (1992). The Lever of Riches: Technological Creativity and Economic Progress. New York and London: Oxford University Press.
- Blasi, Joseph R. (1991). The new owners: The mass emergence of employee ownership in public companies and what it means to American business. New York: Harper Collins.
- Blasi, Joseph R. (1988). Employee Ownership: Revolution or Ripoff? Pensacola, FL: Ballinger Publishing Company.
- Bijker, Wiebe E., Hughes, Thomas P., and Pinch, Trevor (eds.) (1987). The Social Construction of Technological Systems: New Directions in the Sociology and History of Technology. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.