Media Stories – In progress
- Coming to an office near you: The effect of today's technology on tomorrow's jobs will be immense—no country is ready for it. (2014, January 18). The Economist, print edition.
- How a Collaborative Economy Could Change Capitalism (2014, April 2). Leonard Lopate Show.WNYC.
- Incredible technologies, an uncertain economy, and what to do about them (2014, February 26). MIT Sloan Newsroom.
- Krugman, Paul (2014, March 30). Jobs and Skills and Zombies. NY Times.
- Rifkin, Jeremy. The Zero Marginal Cost Society: The Internet Of Things, The Collaborative Commons, And The Eclipse Of Capitalism. The Diane Rehm Show.
- Skidelsky, Robert (2014, February 24). The second machine age is upon us: time to reconsider the Luddites? The Guardian.
- Autor, David H. and Dorn, David. How Technology Wrecks the Middle Class. New York Times.
- Brynjolfsson, E. (2013, January 13). Are Robots Hurting Job Growth. CBS News.
- Cherry, S. (2013, April 9). Robots Are Not Killing Jobs, Says Roboticist: A Georgia Tech professor of robotics argues automation is still creating more jobs than it destroys. IEEE Spectrum.
- Cournoyer, Michel (24 September 2013). Computers could replace about 47 percent of jobs research finds. Job Market Monitor.
- Edsall, T.B. (2013, April 17). Are the Good Jobs Gone? The New York Times.
- Fleming, Martin (2013, August 27). Measuring the True Value of Big Data. A Smarter Planet Blog.
- Fletcher, S. (2013, March 8). Yes, Robots Are Coming for Our Jobs - Now What? Scientific American.
- Grim, R., Carter, Z., Stein, S., and Cherkis, J. (2013, April 24). Lawmaker Unemployment Hearing Attended By Single Member of Congress At Opening. The Huffington Post.
- Huddart, K. (2013, April 4). Machines in the labor market: Automation, welfare, and the demise of the human worker. The McGill Daily.
- Hutton, W. (2013, May 19). Driverless Cars, Pilotless Planes...Will There Be Jobs Left For A Human Being? HITC Business.
- Interview by Steve Kroft (2013, September 8). Are robots hurting job growth? 60 Minutes, CBS News.
- Koller, F. (2013, July 3). Should We Fear 'the End of Work'? PBS NewsHour.
- Lanier, Jaron (Summer 2013). Where will the jobs go? Technology may soon make obsolete factory workers, professors, nurses, and teamsters. The Conference Board Review.
- Markoff, J. (2013, April 4). Essay-Grading Software Offers Professors a Break. The New York Times.
- Matthews, D. (2013, May 14). Kevin Drum on why the robots will rise up and take all our jobs. The Washington Post.
- McNelly, J. (2013, February 11). Jennifer McNelly: Manufacturing Jobs: How to Fill Them and Why They Matter. Ideas Lab.
- Adam, D. (2012, January/February). Making It in America. The Atlantic.
- Aeppel, T. (2012, January 17). Man vs. Machine, a Jobless Recovery. Wall Street Journal.
- Authers, J. (2012, July 22). America cannot cut its way to prosperity. Financial Times.
- Brynjolfsson, E., and McAfee, A. (2012, December 11). Jobs, Productivity and the Great DeCoupling. The New York Times.
- Davidson, A. (2012, January). Making it in America. The Atlantic.
- Drum, K. (2012, December 7). The Disappearance of (Human) Work. Mother Jones.
- Duhigg, C., & Bradsher, K. (2012, January 22). How U.S. Lost Out On iPhone Work. The New York Times. New York.
- Farley, R. (2012, June 26). In Tough Times, Private Equity Saves Jobs. The New York Times. New York.
- Freeland, C. (2012, April 13). Jobless Recovery Leaves Middle Class Behind. The New York Times. New York.
- Friedman, T. L. (2012, January 25). Average Is Over. The New York Times. New York.
- Green, J. (2012, February 9). Third Shifts Return to the U.S. Auto Industry: Automakers are adding overnight production lines, and lots of companies benefit. Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Greenhouse, S. (2012, January 16). Study of Retail Workers Finds $9.50 Median Pay. The New York Times. New York.
- Koller, F. (2012, December 27). A Shocking and Shameful Lack of Imagination. The Motley Fool.
- Lazear, E.P. (2012, September 3). There is No 'Structural' Unemployment Problem. Wall Street Journal.
- Making the future: How robots and people team up to manufacture things in new ways. (2012, August 21). The Economist.
- Mandel, Michael (2012, May 8). Zuckmentum!: Why the Silicon Valley App Boom Could Sink Romney. The Atlantic.
- Mandel, Michael (2012, February 22). What the App Economy Can Teach the Whole Economy. The Atlantic.
- Mandel, M. (2012, February). Where the Jobs are: The App Economy. TechNet.
- Markoff, J. (2012, August 19). Skilled Work, Without the Worker. The New York Times.
- Marcus, G. (2012, December 13). Why Making Robots Is So Darn Hard. The New Yorker.
- Marcus, G. (2012, December 29). Will a Robot Take Your Job? The New Yorker.
- Martin, A. (2012, December 12). No-Layoff Company Now Writes Profit-Sharing Checks. The New York Times. New York.
- Rampell, C. (2012, May 5). Reasons Abound for Ebb in Job Growth. The New York Times. New York.
- Rampell, C. (2012, August 31). Majority of New Jobs Pay Low Wages, Study Finds. The New York Times. New York.
- Reich, R. (2012, January 31). On The Biggest Risk To The Economy In 2012. Business Insider.
- Segal, D. (2012, June 23). Apple Stores' Army, Long on Loyalty but Short on Pay. The New York Times. New York.
- Stiglitz, J. E. (2012, January). The Book of Jobs. Vanity Fair.
- Strohm, C. (2012, February 16). Obama Budget Shrinks U.S. Technology Spending, Promotes Savings. Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Wingfield, N. (2012, March 5). Apple's Job Creation Data Spurs an Economic Debate. The New York Times. New York.
- Brynjolfsson, E., & McAfee, A. (2011, October 26). Why Workers Are Losing the War Against Machines. The Atlantic.
- Chappell, B. (2011, March 4). Vending Machines Make Gains As Retail Jobs Drop. NPR News Blog.
- Difference Engine: Luddite legacy. (2011, November 4). The Economist. Los Angeles, CA.
- Gertner, J. (2011, August 28). Does America Need Manufacturing? The New York Times. New York.
- Glantz, A. (2011, August 19). Number of Green Jobs Fails to Live Up to Promises. The New York Times. New York.
- Inskeep, S. (2011, November 3). How Technology is Eliminating Higher-Skill Jobs. NPR Morning Edition.
- Katz, L. F. (2011, September 7). Invest in Workers. The New York Times. New York.
- Lahart, J., & Hagerty, J. R. (2011, July 12). Where Have America’s Jobs Gone?---Hiring at McDonald's; Wireless Networks' Job-Killing Effect; One Machine Doing The Work of Three. Wall Street Journal.
- Livingston, J. (2011, October 26). It’s Consumer Spending, Stupid. The New York Times. New York.
- Moe, T. (2011, July 18). The Internet Will Reduce Teachers Union Power. Wall Street Journal.
- Nocera, J. (2011, October 11). This Time, It Really Is Different. The New York Times. New York.
- Radiolab (2011, June 1). Clever Bots. Radiolab.
- Rampell, C. (2011, June 10). Companies Spend on Equipment, Not Workers. The New York Times. New York.
- Roberts, R. (2011, June 22). Obama vs. ATMs: Why Technology Doesn’t Destroy Jobs. Wall Street Journal.
- Rushkoff, D. (2011, September 7). Are Jobs Obsolete? CNN.com.
- Schwartz, N. D. (2011, November 22). As Layoffs Rise Stock Buybacks Consume Cash. The New York Times. New York.
- Stahl, L. (2011, October 9). The Jobs Czar: General Electric’s Jeffrey Immelt [Video file]. CBS News.
- Wolf, M. (2011, December 21). Sinking into the "great stagnation." Financial Times.
- Yang, J. L. (2011, August 12). Corporations pushing for job-creation tax breaks shield U.S.-vs.-abroad hiring data. The Washington Post. Washington D.C.