Establish an engaging coaching relationship to improve performance and grow talent by encouraging your team to perform at its best. Gain an understanding of when coaching is needed and practice using a coaching model to facilitate an effective coaching conversation. Review various theories for changing behavior and applying different strategies. Examine important coaching elements such as setting clear and actionable goals, formulating a development plan, and dealing with conversational conflict.
- Clarify differences in the various roles a manager plays with staff members and define what coaching is and isn’t
- Identify different approaches (directive, coaching) that are needed when motivation and/or performance declines or increases
- Differentiate when to use coaching and when to move to performance improvement plans
- Apply the right coaching approach to individuals at various motivation and performance levels
- Identify a coaching model that provides a structure for either one or a series of coaching conversations
- Demonstrate setting clear, actionable SMART goals—stretch but achievable
- Assess and improve personal capability in foundational coaching skills
- Formulate a development plan to focus coaching conversations, reinforce commitment to change and follow up in the moment coaching opportunities
Approach and Features
This interactive two-day workshop serves as a space to identify, develop and practice coaching skills with a seasoned instructor as well as peers. Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Establishing an engaging coaching relationship to improve performance and grow teams
- Understanding when coaching is needed
- Using coaching models to facilitate an effective coaching conversation
- Reviewing various theories for changing behavior and applying different strategies
- Examining important coaching elements, such as setting clear and actionable goals, formulating a development plan and dealing with conversational conflict
See more workshops on Leadership Development.
See more workshops on Human Resources.
Denise brings over 25 years of experience as a trusted advisor to senior executives and their teams, coaching them through business challenges as well as their personal career challenges and opportunities including implementing strategic initiatives. As an Executive herself she has managed global teams, lived and worked abroad and knows the value of bringing a practical approach to complex and ever-evolving business opportunities.
She has extensive experience providing executive coaching services across multiple functions in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Specialty Chemicals, Technology, Insurance, Educational and Staffing industries and more. Denise was the Head, Human Resources with Bayer HealthCare, where she coached C-suite executives with a specialty focus on supporting leaders as they built organizational success.
Denise believes that coaching allows individuals and leaders to gain clarity around what is needed to accelerate their level of effectiveness. Experienced in Business Coaching, Denise uses a multi-dimensional coaching model, in which the client clarifies expectations, gathers input and sets clear goals to focus on the desired behavioral change.
Denise holds the following certifications: Certified Executive Coach, Certified Professional Coach, Myers Briggs (MBTI), Everything DiSC® suite of products, Hogan, The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™, Conflict Dynamics Profile, Prosci Change Management, Lominger Competencies, Situational Leadership and holds a BS in Business Management from Bryant University.