ILR Lower Courtyard Tent Request Management and Scheduling Plan
Tent Location and Sizes
ILR Katz Lower Courtyard
40’ x 60” Tent
April 1 through May 31, 2021
Lead Point of Contact
Joe Grasso, Associate Dean for Finance, Administration, and Corporate Relations, Cornell University, ILR School – firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Center Staff
Staff members will maintain tent area and ensuring sanitization of area, garbage disposal, and severe weather plan adherence.
Melissa Manning, Director, ILR Conference Services – email@example.com
Don Kenyon, ILR Conference Center Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of Tent
Assist the ILR community with having additional space for the following:
- Faculty to meet with students
- Student study areas
- TA’s to meet with students
- Small ILR meetings (student, faculty, staff)
- Lunch/break areas
- Group project space
- ILR Conference Services will maintain scheduling of the tent areas in the courtyards
- Scheduling of ILR tent requests will be submitted to email@example.com
- Schedule of tent reservations will be maintain in our Event Management Software (EMS)
- Building Care Lead will be given a daily/weekly schedule of tent reservations (so they are aware of what is taking place outside in the courtyards of ILR).
Disinfection & Physical Distancing Procedures
- The ILR Conference Center staff will ensure the tent areas are stocked daily with spray sanitizer for tables and chairs, paper towels, along with having hand sanitizer available. The Conference Center staff will ensure in the morning the tables and chairs are set up appropriately.
- ILR Facilities will place signage will throughout tent area to indicate 6’ physical distancing
- The Conference Center staff will monitor tent areas throughout the day to ensure physical distancing and mask requirements are being adhered to.
- Tables and Chairs will be sanitized by the Conference Center staff during the following times: 8AM, 11:30AM, 3:00PM or times deemed necessary.
- Building Care and Conference Center staff will monitor garbage daily.
Severe Weather Plan
- Conference Center staff will “close” the tent areas when severe weather is being predicted
- Conference Center staff will communicate with the school and those who have reservations by email that the tent areas are closed.
- Conference Center staff will physically be on site to facilitate vacating individuals under the tents during severe weather or when severe weather is predicted.