Cross Cultural Issues in the Workplace DR210
This program provides a unique and detailed examination of the role that culture plays in conflict and conflict resolution. Mediators and other ADR professionals will analyze and attempt to resolve complex, multi-layered problems in this intensive hands-on workshop. Professor Ilhyung Lee, one of America's foremost experts on the subject of cross cultural issues, will serve as lead instructor for the program.
- Review of dispute resolution methods
- Cross-cultural exercise in Negotiation
- World views of cultural differences
- Communication/perception process
- Culture defined, rejected, considered
- High/low context
- Attribution theory
- Culture and values and the Mediation Process
- Cultural dimensions (Hofstede; Hampden-Turner & Trompenaars)
- Cross-cultural mediation exercises (international; domestic)
Each student who successfully completes the course will receive a certificate.