Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County (CCE Erie) puts knowledge to work to build stronger communities. CCE Erie has been in operation for over 100 years and provides educational programs to all county residents in 4-H Youth Development, Nutrition, Agriculture and Natural Resources, and Consumer Horticulture. CCE Erie is a publicly-assisted organization also supported through participation fees, program attendance, community involvement, grants, and donations. Currently staff work throughout the county on projects as diverse as:
- a college and career prep, and civic engagement program for at risk youth,
- a Farm to School project in partnership with the Buffalo Public School District,
- providing nutrition education for Buffalo’s Healthy Corner Store Initiative,
- supporting Journey’s End Refugee Services urban farm with technical assistance and training to refugee farmers, and
- gardening workshops for county residents interested in growing their own food.