University of Warwick, UK
ILR School and the Warwick Business School Exchange (WBS)
The University of Warwick student exchange is with the Warwick Business School (WBS). Warwick is one of the UK's leading universities, with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation, and for links with business and industry. It is a member of the Russell Group, which represents the 24 leading universities in the UK; it is consistently ranked in the top ten of UK universities in the national league tables; and it ranks among the top 50 universities in the world according to the 2015/2016 QS World University Rankings.
The University of Warwick is located in Coventry, which is in the center of England and is approximately one hour from London by train. The University of Warwick campus is like a small city in itself with its own shops, banks, restaurants, etc., making it an exciting place to live and work with everything you could need close at hand. In addition, several nearby towns including Warwick, Coventry, and Leamington Spa, to name a few, offer shopping, a variety of restraurants and pubs, and historic charm. Excellent access to public transportation makes it easy to explore the surrounding areas and beyond.
Program Terms and Dates
Fall, Spring, Spring and Summer, or Academic Year
- Fall 2017 Semester: 26 September 2017 to 9 December 2017
- Spring 2018 Semester: 8 January 2018 to 17 March 2018
*Exact dates to be confirmed by Warwick
Courses and Credits
Students have the option to take courses across various departments within the Warwick Business School. View WBS module (course) offerings here: WBS Course Offerings. (PDF, 56 KB)
- Students must enroll in five full-time courses.
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits per semester (additional credit cannot be earned for attending the summer term).
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
Tuition and Other Costs
- This exchange program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School).
- Financial aid would apply; if you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
- ILR exchange students are responsible for the following expenses: passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, course fees (if applicable), books, and personal expenses.
ILR undergraduate students interested in expanding their academic knowledge of the UK may apply. In addition, ILR undergraduate students must
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- be in good standing with the ILR School and the University; and
- have a 3.0 GPA.
How to Apply
1. Make an appointment.
Interested students must meet with Tamara Ingram, Assistant Director ILR International Programs, to discuss plans and eligibility. To make an appointment, e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Complete online application (for Fall 2018 study only).
You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
Please note that you can only apply the semester prior to your intended semester abroad.
Spring 2018 Application Deadline: September 30th, 2017, by midnight
Fall 2018 Application Deadline: March 15th, 2018, by midnight