Queen Mary University of London, UK
ILR School and the Queen Mary University of London Exchange (QMUL)
The Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) student exchange is with the School of Business and Management. QMUL is one of only 24 universities that make up the prestigious Russell Group, which represents the leading universities in the UK, and it is ranked in the UK's top ten for research quality.
QMUL's School of Business and Management is located on QMUL's Mile End Campus in East London. The Mile End campus is very well linked to public transportation (right on the Mile End tube station), which makes it easy to explore all areas of London, and the campus is located near a very trendy part of East London known for its designer/boutique shops, cafés, and restaurants.
Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
Courses and Credits
Students have the option to take a variety of courses within the School of Business and Management at QMUL.
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits per semester.
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
View QMUL's module (course) offerings within the School of Business and Management here: QMUL School of Business and Management Courses (In the filter options, select "Business and Management" for the school, and "Yes" for Associates.)
Tuition and Other Costs
The QMUL Exchange Program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School). Financial aid would apply. If you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
ILR exchange students are responsible for passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, fees related to courses, books, and personal expenses.
Who Should Apply?
ILR undergraduate students interested in expanding their academic knowledge of the UK may apply. In addition, ILR undergraduate students must
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- be in good standing with the ILR School and the University; and
- have a 3.3 GPA.