Cardiff University, UK
ILR School and the Cardiff University Exchange
The Cardiff University student exchange is with the Cardiff Business School. Cardiff University is a member of the prestigious Russell Group, which is comprised of the UK's 24 leading research universities. Cardiff's world-leading research was ranked 5th amongst UK universities in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework for quality and 2nd for impact.
Cardiff University is located in Cardiff, Wales, UK. Cardiff is the capital of Wales, and it is the largest city in Wales. Cardiff is a thriving, beautiful city that is widely recognized as an outstanding place in which to live and study. It combines all the advantages of a compact, friendly, and inexpensive location with the cultural and recreational facilities of a modern capital city.
Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
Courses and Credits
Students have the option to take a variety of courses within the Cardiff Business School at Cardiff University.
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits per semester.
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
View Cardiff's module (course) offerings within the Cardiff Business School here: Cardiff Business School Course Offerings (make sure to select the correct term at the top).
Tuition and Other Costs
The Cardiff University Exchange Program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School). Financial aid would apply. If you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
ILR exchange students are responsible for passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, fees related to courses, books, and personal expenses.
Who Should Apply?
ILR undergraduate students interested in expanding their academic knowledge of the UK may apply. In addition, ILR undergraduate students must
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- be in good standing with the ILR School and the University; and
- have a 3.0 GPA.