To Edit a Course:
- From the Public Offerings or Search results page, hover over the course title and click the Gear icon on the far right, then click Edit.
- If you're on a course detail page, click the Edit tab.
- Alternatively, click on the Content link in the black Drupal menu bar, then:
- Under "Show only items where", choose type "SDC Course"
- Click "Filter". That will show a list of all the courses. The list is paginated, showing 50 per screen.
- A reasonable approach to finding the course you need to edit is to click on the word "Title" in the gray header line to sort by title.
- If you're on the correct screen alphabetically, you can use "CTRL-F" to find the course title. Otherwise, scroll to the bottom and you'll see links to move to the other screens in the list.
- When you've located the course you need to edit, click the Edit link at the right.
- If the course hasn't been published yet, you have to follow these steps to find it.
What's on the "edit" page?
You will see all the information about the course. Each item is in a field, such as title, summary, and so on. Some of the fields are the ones that Jasminy adds in SDC, and are imported to Drupal automatically. You will not be able to edit those fields. The other fields are the additional course information that gets added in Drupal. Those are the fields you can - and sometimes must - edit.
The following Course fields can be changed in Drupal:
The "teaser". If you leave it blank, the first paragraph of the description will be used. It's usually preferable to write a summary.
- Body (required)
The course description.
The keywords help when users are searching for courses. Separate keywords with commas, e.g. "diversity, training, issues" (but don't include the quotes).
The sponsor refers to which group within ILR sponsors the course. Click on the box to see the list of possible sponsors. You may choose more than one, if applicable.
Click on the box to see the list of possible course topics. You may choose more than one, if applicable.
Course formats include workshops, webcasts, and conferences. Click on the box to see the list of possible formats. You may choose more than one, if applicable.
- Continuing Education Credit
Click on the box to see the list of possible types of credit. You may choose more than one, if applicable.
- Setting (required)
Setting refers to whether the course is taught in-person, online, or blended (a combination). This field is required, and you can only choose one option.
- Course is a Series
Check this box if this course is comprised of a series of classes.
- Contact email
If you leave this blank, ILRCustomerService@cornell.edu will be used.