December 19 2013
Apply by January 15th for Research Fellowships for Spring
The Worker Institute at Cornell is pleased to announce a new research opportunity for ILR undergraduate students. Students interested in labor issues can now apply to work as a research assistant up to 10 hours per week during the Spring Semester. Current projects include:
• Precarious Workers Research Network
• The Gendered Nature of C.A.R.E.: Caregivers and Responsible Employment
• Project Sandy – Labor, Environment and Sustainable Development
• Young Workers and the Labor Movement
• Labor Law Clinic – in collaboration with Cornell law students
• Precarious Work and Citizenship in China (requires fluent Chinese)
• Unions and Inequality
Students will work under the supervision of a faculty member. Working in teams, students will work in close collaboration with both Ithaca-based faculty and labor education faculty based in New York City, Rochester and Buffalo.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are eligible to apply. Extensive research experience is not required – the main requirement is a strong interest in one of the Worker Institute’s research areas.
Submit your Application Form by January 15, 2014