Equity at Work Initiative
The Equity at Work initiative examines how the workplace is impacted by the evolving and changing norms of the social construction of gender roles, identity, and expression.This includes discussion of current and evolving workers' rights, the workplace contexts in which they currently exist, and individual, organizational and cultural interventions that promote and expand employment issues of respect, fairness, equity and justice.
We seek to promote productive approaches to issues of diversity and equity which are fundamental to worker rights and instrumental for effective collective representation.
Lending itself to a broad-based multidisciplinary framework within the ILR School, across Cornell University and with stakeholders, the initiative contributes to effective workplace equity models.
- The Gendered Nature of Care: Caregivers and Responsible Employment
- The Gendered Workplace, a Cornell undergraduate course
- Research and outreach on responses to street harassment
- Research on the impact of gendered organizations for women in unions
- Research on restaurant employment
- Youth education on workplace and gender equality rights
- UALE Summer School for Union Women