Most remote access services require that you start by connecting to the ILR departmental VPN. Detailed instructions for various computing devices are available at http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/vpn/howto/index.cfm
Here is an overview of the procedure:
- Browse to https://cuvpn.cuvpn.cornell.edu
- If necessary, install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client following the instructions at http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/vpn/howto/index.cfm (if prompted, enter your computer administrator account and password)
- Log in with firstname.lastname@example.org and your Cornell netid (email) password (e.g. email@example.com)
- You should see a "connection established" message in your system tray (cisco icon near the clock) in lower right corner)
Once connected to the VPN a variety of services are available, here are the most common:
- RemoteApps for accessing Filemaker, SDC, EMS and other centrally managed applications (currently supported on Windows computers only)
- Remote Desktop Connection for accessing your ILR computer remotely
- Remote file access using Web Folders
- Change your ILR Active Directory Password from a remote ILR Windows computer
- When you are finished accessing ILR/Cornell services through the VPN connection please be sure to right click on the icon in your system tray and select disconnect.
- To reconnect to the VPN in the future, you can use the instructions above or right click the Cisco AnyConnect icon in the system tray and click Connect.