Citrix Web Interface
What is it?
The Citrix Web Interface is an interface which allows many people to securely access centrally managed applications used throughout the ILR School via a web browser, i.e. Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
How do I use it?
- Open Internet Explorer v.6 or higher (Mozilla Firefox may also be used but is not documented here)
- Go to http://citrix.ilr.cornell.edu/
- Enter your ILR Windows User name and Password. This is the same User name, typically your NetID, and Password you use to log into your ILR managed computer.
Please Note: IE may offer to remember your User name and Password. If you are using a public computer, click NO. If the feature is enabled, the next person using that computer will be automatically logged into Citrix as you and will have your access permissions. This situation effectively defeats the privacy protection we have in place and is strongly discouraged.
- Once logged in, your list of available applications will appear:
- Click the desired application icon or folder to launch the application. As your Citrix session is created, the screen should flash and a Windows start-up sound may play (if you have speakers connected to your computer).
- A new window with the launched application should then open. Use it as you would any other application.
- When you're ready to disconnect, first close the application window by clicking on the red X in the top right corner of the application's window. Then, click the Log Off button in the Citrix Web Interface window.