Your responsibilities and useful contact information
Your Mac will not be managed in the same way a Windows PC would be; there are a number of things that you must do on your own to ensure that your computer stays in working order. The following is a list of things you are responsible for managing on your Mac.
Instructions provided in this guide
- User account administration
- Security settings
- Data backups
- Printer management
- Virus protection
- Purchasing and installing software, including workplace essentials like Identity Finder and Microsoft Office
- Updating software
Instructions not provided in this guide
- Re-installing the operating system and other software in the event of a system failure
- Warranty purchase, service, and repair
ILR Technology Services will not perform these aforementioned services for your Mac.
The following is a list of contacts for issues with your Mac.
Software problems or for help finding the cause of troublesome behavior
Urgent: (607) 255-8990
Hardware problems covered by warranty (AppleCare or other)
(800) MY-APPLE = (800) 692-7753
Hardware problems not covered by AppleCare or other warranty
Cornell Store Technology Consultation