Students may pursue minors in any department in any college that offers them, subject to limitations placed by the department offering the minor or by the student's major. Completed minors will appear on the student's transcript. Not all departments offer minors. Consult the appropriate section in Courses of Study or contact the appropriate department for information on minors offered and how to pursue a minor.
Requirements for the Economics Minor
* NOTE: Only ILR students can complete the Economics minor
Current ILR Requirements
- ECON 1110 - Introductory Microeconomics
- ECON 1120 - Introductory Macroeconomics
- ILRST 2100 - Introduction to Statistics
- ILRLE 2400 - Economics of Wages and Employment
- Labor Economic Policy Elective from approved list
- ECON 3130 - Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 3140 - Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory
- ECON 3210 - Applied Econometrics
- Math 1110 - Calculus, or
- AP Calculus
Two Additional Microeconomics courses at 3000 level or higher
Upon completion of the minor requirements, please submit an unofficial transcript with the minor worksheet form to the Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Department of Economics.
Note: ILR students do not pursue formal minors in ILR. Individuals may decide to focus their elective courses in a particular field, however, this does not constitute a minor.