Counseling Referrals

What problems can OSS help me with?

OSS advisors are prepared to assist you with a variety of problems; academics, personal, financial, relationships — anything that may interfere with your success at Cornell. You can make appointments with us by e-mail or phone to discuss nearly anything that concerns you.

Are there other services at Cornell?

OSS advisors can refer you to a service on campus that provides specialized assistance, such as Cornell Health's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Cornell United Religious Work (CURW), the Financial Aid Office, the Learning Strategies Center, the Ombudsman, Crisis Management and Community Support, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center (LGBT), or the Cornell Police, depending on your problem. In some cases, OSS advisors may contact an appropriate individual or office to make an appointment, or even accompany you, to ensure that you receive the help you need. Peer counseling is also available through the Empathy, Assistance, and Referral Service (EARS) at (607) 255-3277.