Guidelines for ILR Site Searches
- By default, only pages containing all the search terms are returned.
- Use OR between two terms to search for pages that include either of the terms.
- Search for complete phrases by enclosing them in quotation marks.
- Use a minus sign immediately in front of a search term to exclude it from the results.
- Use the query prefix filetype: to limit results to specific document types.
- These devices can be freely combined in a single search.
- labor union returns pages containing the words "labor" and "union"
- labor OR union returns pages containing either the word "labor" or the word "union
- "labor union" returns pages containing the phrase "labor union"
- -graduate degree programs returns pages containing the terms "degree" and "programs" and not "graduate"
- filetype:pdf limits the search to pdf files
- "labor union" OR "labor relations" -law filetype:html returns web pages containing the phrase "labor union" or the phrase "labor relations" and not the word "law"