Negotiation Skills (LB114)
This introductory-level workshop is designed to develop the skills of union negotiators who do not have extensive experience in advancing a collective bargaining strategy and in conducting face-to-face negotiations at the bargaining table.
- The bargaining process, timing and procedures
- Bargaining techniques, strategies and tactics
- Maximizing effectiveness of the bargaining committee
- Reading the other side; articulating the members’ needs; using the caucus
- Identifying the employer’s pressure points
- Coordinating table tactics with membership support activities
Approach and Features
This live in-person workshop utilizes role plays, group discussions and a mock bargaining. Participants are given a variety of negotiating scenarios and learn various bargaining styles and strategies.
Benefits to You and Your Organization
Participants benefit from observing numerous bargaining styles and negotiate with participants from various unions and sectors. Participants can build their confidence and skill level in a safe environment and gain feedback on their approach.
This workshop is part of the four-day Labor Leadership Skills Boot Camp, that also includes Costing Out a Contract, Basic Negotiation Skills, Steward Training and Effective Communication. Sign up for the full Boot Camp at a discounted rate of $597 (a $796 value) to earn your Labor Leadership Skills Certificate →
Details coming soon.