Labor Relations in Changing Times
Change is the one constant in the field of labor relations. With the 2013 conference, Labor Relations in Changing Times, The Worker Institute at Cornell joins with LERA chapters in Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse to offer a variety of presentations on topics of interest to practitioners.
Opening remarks by George Cohen, Director of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, will reflect on his experiences mediating notable disputes such as the NFL and the NFL Players Association and the FAA and the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. Other speakers will discuss employment issues for LGT workers, resolving workplace disputes, immigrant workers, and much more.
Date: October 25, 2013
Time: 9:00am - 4:15pm (breakfast at 8:15am)
Location: Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, 199 Woodcliff Drive, Fairport, NY
Cost: $125 for LERA members; $150 for non-members
- George Cohen, Director, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Harry Bronson, Esq.
- Tom Privitere, PEF (ret.)
- Susan Woods, Henderson & Woods
- David Lipsky, Cornell ILR Scheinman Institute
- Paul Murphy, NLRB
- Beverly Cooper Neufeld, Past President NY Women's Agenda & Director, Equal Pay Coalition NYC
- Debra Street, SUNY Buffalo
- Kate Griffith, Cornell ILR
- Bryan Arnault, Blitman & King
- Joe Wild, MVP
- Frank Groth, Excellus BC/ BS
- Jeremy McLean, Worker Justice Center
- Fred Kotler, Cornell ILR
Labor and Employment Relations Association chapters in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse.
Pre-Conference Reception: LERA Rochester is hosting a reception the evening of Oct 24 in Woodcliff’s Art Deco Suite; 6:00-8:00 p.m. All conference participants are welcome to stop by!