Recruiting in the Age of Social Media (HR243)
Finding and retaining talent in today's marketplace is becoming an increasingly important role for HR. Understanding the enablers and pitfalls of the end-to-end process of talent acquisition and implementing an efficient and effective system is highly valuable for all organizations.
Whether in a staffing role, an HR generalist role, or a hiring manager or candidate, a positive and results driven recruitment experience is necessary for businesses to maintain productivity, credibility and a positive image. Understanding the impact social media can have to drive your business forward is a key tactic when it comes to attracting candidates and enhancing your organization’s brand.
- Source and attract qualified and interested candidates
- Mobilize career site to attract prospective employees
- Accurately assess and select the right candidate
- Develop a partnership with hiring managers to effectively and quickly fill positions
- Utilize social media reviews, such as Glassdoor.com, to enhance your company’s brand
Approach and Features
This two-day workshop covers these additional topics:
- Sourcing in today's highly competitive digital world
- Costs and benefits of talent acquisition
- Legal considerations associated with the talent acquisition strategy
- Identifying the staffing need and needs assessment
- Sourcing talent through multiple tools including social media
- Selection processes best practices and core capabilities
- Enhancing your organization's brand through talent acquisition
See more workshops on Human Resources.
Susan W. Brecher, Esq.
Susan W. Brecher, Esq., Director of Employee Relations, Legal, EEO and Diversity Programs in Human Capital Development at Cornell University, ILR. She currently manages learning services in Legal, Employee Relations, and EEO, including developing, designing and facilitating programs. In addition, Ms. Brecher partners with private, public, and non-profit organizations on customized training programs. During her tenure at Cornell, Ms. Brecher served as a Director of Statewide Management Programs as well as oversight of all aspects of the EEO, Labor Relations, Human Resources, Management Development and Online Learning programs. Ms. Brecher teaches in a graduate level Human Resources Program and advises, consults, coaches, handles all aspects of employment law, employee relations, internal investigations, dispute resolution issues and mediates, facilitates and conducts fact-findings. She worked at the law firm Skadden, Arps, ABC and NBC and holds a B.A. summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, from Union College and a J.D. from Case Western Reserve University, where she was on the Law Review.
Andrea Hough joined TD Bank as Vice President of Talent Acquisition in 2015, located in Toronto, Ontario. Prior to TD Bank, she served as Vice President of Talent Acquisition and Management for ServiceMaster in Memphis, Tennessee and Senior Vice President and Recruiting Manager for Wachovia, a Wells Fargo Company, in Charlotte, North Carolina.
In all of her recruiting leadership roles she has been committed to building exceptional recruiting teams and delivering unprecedented candidate and client experience.
Andrea is focused on developing an end-to-end, full-service recruiting organization whose goal is to ensure quality, timely and cost-effective hires. Andrea is a graduate of Western Michigan University, and a diversity practitioner.