Effective Diversity and Inclusion Councils (DV310)
The effectiveness of diversity and inclusion councils varies considerably from organization to organization, and there is no consistent approach to making them work. The effective use and application of a diversity council strategy is one of the critical challenges and opportunities facing organizations. Understanding the business impact of D&I Strategy and creating a plan to implement goals created from the D&I Council are the most effective and evolving the organization focus.
- Learn how to position your diversity and inclusion council for success
- Understand the best practices in diversity and inclusion formation, operation and impact
- Identify the competencies needed for diversity and inclusion members to impact effectiveness
- Identify appropriate diversity and inclusion councils for your organization
- Create a mission and goals for your diversity and inclusion council
Approach and Features
Participants apply learnings and gain best practices in council development and operation through this two-day workshop’s case study approach. Interwoven in this course are discussions around current topical issues facing different organizations who are at different levels of diversity and inclusion council progression.
- Forming effective diversity and inclusion councils
- Diversity and inclusion council membership: who to include and why
- Core competencies of effective diversity and inclusion councils
- A strategic approach to assessing membership in the long and short term
- Mission and goals of diversity and inclusion councils
- Setting expectations for diversity and inclusion council members
- Energizing existing diversity and inclusion councils
- Enlisting the support of ERGs and the entire organization
- Functioning as a productive member
- Setting expectations for diversity and inclusion councils
- Accountability for diversity and inclusion councils
- Training diversity and inclusion council members
- Charting the progress of dynamic councils
- The need for a strategic integrated approach to diversity and inclusion council formation and governance
Who Will Benefit
D&I professionals responsible for D&I Councils, members of diversity and inclusion councils; members of councils that are losing steam; EEO, AA, diversity, and other HR specialists with diversity responsibility; diversity consultants; anyone who wants to know how to make councils work.
See more workshops on Diversity and Inclusion.
Instructors for Oct 12-13, 2017
Select another date to see its instructors.
David Ciliberto, Founder of David Ciliberto Enterprises, is an independent human resources consultant with over 25 years of experience in human resources. Mr. Ciliberto focuses on diversity and inclusion, learning and development, management coaching and career transition. Throughout his years in HR, he has developed, designed and facilitated training programs around diversity and inclusion, ERG leadership, team building, supervisory, leadership and talent acquisition. He has held roles at financial services firms including UBS, Credit Suisse, HSBC, The Prudential and American Express. While at UBS, he ran D&I for the America’s supporting the Executive D&I Council and all ERGs. Additionally, Mr. Ciliberto has consulted with and has done speaking engagements for ION Media, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC nonprofit) The Howard Center, VT, CUNY, Montclair State University. Mr. Ciliberto also consults with Jennifer Brown Consulting supporting her clients around D&I Strategy, D&I Councils and ERGs. In addition to his Adjunct Instructor role at Cornell ILR, he works part time at Partners International as the SVP of Client Services and Career Transition.