Human Resources and the Law (CO111)
This comprehensive highly interactive workshop provides an understanding of best practices for preventing, identifying and managing employee related issues that have potential legal concerns. It will include knowledge of:
- The laws that obligate employers
- Recent legislation and court cases defining employer-employee rights and obligations
- Practical implications of the laws in day-to-day human resources operations
- EEO: Equal Employment Opportunity Laws
- FLSA: Fair Labor Standards Act
- OSHA: Occupational Safety and Health Act
- ERISA: Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- FMLA: Family and Medical Leave Act
- NLRA: National Labor Relations Act
- WARN: Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- COBRA: Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
- HIPAA: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- SOX: Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Employment at will/wrongful discharge
- Privacy issues and management rights in the workplace
- State and local legislation and court action
A CD-ROM containing comprehensive legal summaries prepared by renowned labor and employment lawyers.
Who Will Benefit
HR managers and professionals in federal and state laws, regulations, and court cases affecting the workplace
See more workshops on Employee Relations, Internal Investigations and Employment Law Workshops.
See more workshops on Human Resources.
Details coming soon.