Effective Collective Bargaining Skills and Strategies (LR203)
Designed as a continuum of LR201, Preparation for Collective Bargaining, participants will formulate a negotiation strategy and learn "at-the-table" best practices. Participants develop negotiation skills by participating in a full-day bargaining simulation.
- Bargaining plans, strategies, and tactics
- Preparing for face-to-face negotiation sessions
- Handling negotiations at the bargaining table
- How to obtain an agreement
- Developing bargaining plans, strategies, and proposals
- Steps to establishing an overall negotiation strategy
- Systems for managing the bargaining committee
- Techniques for developing offers
- Methods for resolving union proposals
- Maximizing effectiveness at the bargaining table
- Strategically presenting offers throughout bargaining
- What to do during 11th-hour negotiations
- How to settle the sticky issues and reach agreement
- A checklist for communications during negotiations
- Preparing a memorandum of agreement
- How to develop a strike contingency plan
- Determining whether to use a mediator
A full-day collective bargaining simulation in which participants negotiate in a small group setting against experienced labor relations professionals with ample opportunity for ongoing, real-time feedback and discussion
Who Will Benefit
Labor relations, human resource, operations, and finance professionals who represent or support management in collective bargaining
Preparation for Collective Bargaining (LR201) is a required prerequisite and must be completed prior to taking Effective Collective Bargaining Skills and Strategies (LR203).
Details coming soon.