Advanced Diversity and Inclusion Strategies (DV320)
Many organizations with existing diversity initiatives experience inconsistent attention, energy and support from top executives and middle managers and sometimes struggle with outright or passive resistance to their D&I programs and processes. This workshop is designed to help experienced professionals and/or new D&I leaders in overcoming these obstacles by connecting their efforts to their organization’s strategic business objectives, its marketplace and long-term culture change.
Through this workshop, understand:
- How to identify key points where subtle actions from executives begin to derail their positive intentions towards the D&I process.
- Why and how to develop the “right” metrics to support sustainability at every point in the D&I process.
- How to overcome the “middle-management roadblock” to D&I success
- Recognizing and correcting conceptual flaws in the design of key D&I support tools such as D&I surveys, conducting focus groups, diversity councils, ERGs, succession planning, employee selection systems and D&I training.
- Why sustainability of a diversity initiative requires moving to inclusive organizational practices
- Why sustainability requires an examination of business and not simply human resource practices
- The current paradigm: diversity as an initiative
- The emerging paradigm: leveraging diversity/moving toward inclusion
- Moving diversity from a transactional issue to a business issue
- Accountability: best practices in accountability for senior managers, line managers, employees and others
- Handling resistance from line leaders
- Preconditions for a shift from a diverse to an inclusive organization
- Attributes of an inclusive organization
- Fundamentals of diversity metrics
- Basics in measuring progress and change
- Understanding and defining long- and short-term success
- Timing your evaluation for best results
- Limitations of metrics: quantitative and qualitative
During this two-day workshop, participants engage in a series of real-world case studies with application and measurement. Samples of well-designed examples of a D&I vision, strategy and implementation plan, accountability statements, a D&I survey, a council charter are distributed and examined.
Who Will Benefit
HR, EEO/AA, diversity managers, and those with responsibility for launching, sustaining, evaluating, or managing diversity initiatives.
See more workshops on Diversity and Inclusion.
Details coming soon.