Shaul OregVisiting Associate Professor
I am an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at the School of Business Administration of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, currently visiting at the School of Industrial and Labor relations at Cornell University. In my research I consider individual-differences in social and organizational contexts, focusing on the effects of traits and values on individuals' attitudes and behaviors. In particular, I am interested in how individuals' personality influences or is reflected in others, as well as in how situations moderate personality-behavior relationships. In another line of research I focus on understanding and predicting individuals' responses to organizational change. Within this field, in my earlier work I developed and validated the resistance-to-change (RTC) scale for the measurement of individuals' personality-based inclination to resist change.
- Yair Berson, Shaul Oreg. 2016. The role of school principals in shaping children’s values, Psychological Science . 27(12):1539-1549.
- Shaul Oreg, Jean Bartunek, Gayoung Lee, Boram Do. . An affect-based model of recipients' responses to organizational change events, Academy of Management Review .
- Noga Sverdlik, Shaul Oreg. 2015. Identification during imposed change: The roles of personal values, type of change, and anxiety, Journal of Personality . 83(3):307-319.
- Shaul Oreg, Yair Berson. 2015. Personality and charismatic leadership in context: The moderating role of situational stress, Personnel Psychology, Personnel Psychology . 68(1):49-77.
- Shaul Oreg, Noga Sverdlik. 2014. Source personality and persuasiveness: Big-five predispositions to being persuasive and the role of message involvement, Journal of Personality . 82(3):250-264.
- Shaul Oreg, Noga Sverdlik. 2011. Ambivalence toward imposed change: The conflict between dispositional resistance to change and the orientation toward the change agent, Journal of Applied Psychology . 96(2):337-349.
- Shaul Oreg, Maria Vakola, Achilles Armenakis. 2011. Change recipients' reactions to organizational change: A 60-year review of quantitative studies, Journal of Applied Behavioral Sciences . 47(4):461–524.
- Shaul Oreg, Yair Berson. 2011. Leadership and employees' reactions to change: The role of leaders' personal attributes and transformational leadership style, Personnel Psychology . 64(3):627-659 .
- Shaul Oreg, Jacob Goldenberg. 2015. Resistance to Innovation. University of Chicago Press, 2015.