Sally KlingelDirector of Labor Management Relations
Sally Klingel is the director of labor-management relations programming for the Scheinman Institute, where she teaches, trains and provides organizational change consulting services to labor and management groups nation-wide. She specializes in the design and implementation of conflict and negotiation systems, labor-management partnerships, work redesign, strategic planning and change processes, and leadership development. Her work with Cornell over the past fifteen years has included training, consulting, and action research with organizations in a variety of industries, local, state and federal government agencies, union internationals and locals, public schools and universities, and worker owned companies.
Sally holds a M.S. in Organizational Behavior from Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations, and a B.A. from the University of Michigan. She has authored articles, monographs and book chapters on innovations in labor-management relations. She is currently a PhD candidate at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, writing a dissertation on labor-management strategies for change in municipal work organizations.
- Sally L Klingel, Michael Maffie. 2011. Conflict Management Systems in Higher Education, Dispute Resolution Journal. 66(3):12-17.
- Sally L Klingel, L Ferman. 1985. On the Shop Floor: The Implications of Unions and Employers Seeking to Foster Employee Involvement, Labor Law Journal. 36(8).
- Sally L Klingel. 1989. A Fighting Chance: New Strategies to Cut Costs and Save Jobs (co-editor). Ithaca NY: ILR Press, 1989. Sally Klingel, A Martin.
- Sally L Klingel. 1995. Challenges for Unions in Quality Programs. in Unions, Management, and Quality: Opportunities for Innovation and Excellence. Chicago IL: Irwin Professional Publishers, 1995. E Cohen-Rosenthal.
Selected Works is a service of BePress Publishing that helps readers follow a scholar's most current work. View Selected Works of Sally Klingel
- MBTI, communication, and intergenerational issues. Presented to Dairy Fellows Program. Cornell University. 2014.
- Labor-Management Partnerships. Presented to US Department of Education. St. Louis, Missouri. 2014.
- Employer Motivations for Participation in Multi-Employer Labor-Management Health Care Worker Training Programs. Presented to Labor and Employment Relations Association. Philadelphia, PA. 2014.
- Interest-Based Negotiations: Discerning the Future. Presented to Association for Conflict Resoltuion. Minneapolis. 2013.
- MBTI, communication, and intergenerational issues. Presented to Dairy Fellows Program. Cornell University. 2013.
- Moderator, Labor and Workforce Panel. Presented to Planners Network Forum, Corenll University. Ithaca, New York. 2012.
- Conflict Management Systems in Higher Education. Presented to Labor and Employment Research Association. Denver, CO. 2011.
- Multi-employer labor-management partnerships for front-line health care worker training. Presented to Cornell University. New York, NY. 2010.
- Designing Dispute Resolution Systems in Higher Education. Presented to Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution. Cortland, NY. 2010.
- Building Consensus in a Political Environment. Presented to CARDI. Watkins Glen, NY.